Re: looking at debian

On Sat, 18 Feb 2017, Sebastian Humenda wrote:

Date: Sat, 18 Feb 2017 06:42:59
From: Sebastian Humenda <shumenda@gmx.de>
To: debian-accessibility@lists.debian.org
Subject: Re: looking at debian

Hello

Mark Peveto schrieb am 18.02.2017,  4:45 -0600:
I'm thinking about working with debian on one of my machines, but I'm totally
blind, and need a talking installer.  I'm hoping someone could send me a
direct link to one, and instructions to get going.
Have you tried searching for "accessible Debian installation" at your favourite
search engine? There are instructions here:

   https://wiki.debian.org/accessibility

In short: download one of the regular images, burn it to a CD or write it to an
USB drive and when the installer launches and you hear a beep, press "s" and
wait.

Cheers
Sebastian

Probably better to get latest firmware image since that one supports more exotic hardware. If an ethernet connection is to be used for the machine then the firmware image likely will not be necessary. I don't know, if a stretch install gets done on a machine with an ethernet connection is it like a wifi connection also necessary to write up an /etc/network/interfaces file before post-install internet gets available?