Re: process for getting festival working with speech-dispatcher and speechd-up

Hi, Well after a fresh installation of debian on both a virtual machine on my windows 10 system and on my linux laptop I went about getting pico working on my system threw speech-dispatcher and speechd-up. I was wanting to have both working but if I set the audio output to libao I get no speech but if I set it to alsa and disable pulseaudio I get speech in the console but not in X windows. What am I doing wrong as I made sure all modules accept the pico modules and the default module set to pico-generic and have disabled espeakup from running. I also had a mess when installing speechd-up it tries to start itself so the package fails to completely install properly unless I stop espeakup unload the speakup_soft module and reload it then run dpkg --configure -a and at first espeak was working before I changed it to pico-generic. If I try to install libao I get the message that no packages exist by that name. What is the proper method for getting pico running on both the console and X windows and allowing me to use both without rebooting? This is really something that should be added to the debian-installer upon the finishing of the installation about how you want your system setup as why would someone only want speech working in one mode? Nick Gawronski