Re: dark theme

llcfree, on Thu 12 Nov 2015 13:42:22 +0100, wrote:
> To this, I would add the possibility of filtering out all
> mess that we are forced to download automatically from the web.

Could you be more specific?

> I guess what I am trying to say is that it is much more important to
> safeguard the possibility of changing parameters IN GENERAL, for
> everybody,

There is the expert mode, which provides a lot of options.

The issue then is, as always, to be able to find your way among the
options. The debian installer has rather gone a simplification way,
to make installing easier.  The personalization can be done after
installation.

> and maintaining common sense features that everybody needs,
> rather than implementing something in particular for disabled people. I
> see a worrying trend in the opposite direction.

But what is "features that everybody needs"?  When answering such
questions, one would typically tend to simplify the answer, in order to
manage to cover 90% people without making things too complex. And then
disabilities go completely overlooked.

In the matter at stake, the debian-installer is already using the gtk3
toolkit, so we already have support for all the personalization that it
allows. It's now mostly a question of providing shortcuts etc. to use
make use of it.