Re: Pluseaudio, speech-dispatcher, and console + graphical screen readers

Hi Tobias,

On Sun, Oct 04, 2015 at 11:35:42AM +0200, Tobias Platen wrote:
>I also had problem with pulseaudio when I installed speech-dispatcher and SBL
>for testing purposes on my Olinuxino while working at the Blindenzentrum of
>the University of Applied Sciences. Many other audio applications do have
>similar problems, such as praat which I do use while working on speech
>synthesis software. In praat I don't hear any sound when pulseaudio is
>active.

have you tried the setup I described a few days ago? I use pulseaudio
and speech-dispatcher in system mode which is not the prefered way to run
both services, but it is working fine and I do not have any latencies in
speech output anywhere...

@Halim: Would you describe more detailed your setup with alsa please?
Wich steps did you perform after a fresh installation of Debian?

Cheers,

  Schoepp

--
Christian Schoepplein - <chris (at) schoeppi.net> - http://schoeppi.net