Re: Pluseaudio, speech-dispatcher, and console + graphical screen readers

Hi,
On Fr, Okt 02, 2015 at 03:41:59 +0000, Sam Hartman wrote:
> the latency you're talking about there is very close to what you'd see
> if you restart the streat between speech-dispatcher and pulseaudio and
> that restarts the alsa stream within pulseaudio.

My prefered setup doesn't restart alsa streams in pa.
Pa is installed and can be used in the graphical desktop etc.
Speech-dispatcher uses alsa.

> Actually, I do have hard data on this.  I use espeak with emacspeak
> through pulseaudio directly without speech-dispatcher.

Which is a different approach and not much comparable :-(.
Are you using orca as well?