Re: Strange issue with brltty

Am 2015-08-21 um 15:16 schrieb Mario Lang:
> Shérab <Sebastien.Hinderer@ens-lyon.org> writes:
>
>> Hi Mario, thanks a lot for your response.
>>
>> Mario Lang (2015/08/21 11:44 +0200):
>>> Do you have START_IN_INITRAMFS enabled?
>>
>> I don't think so since /etc/default/brltty contains this line:
>> START_IN_INITRAMFS=false
>>
>> It is worth mentionning that, on the system where the problem
>> occurs, /var is on its own partition. Is it possible that brltty
>> is started by systemd before /var is mounted?
>
> That is a possibiliy, yes.  I personally didn't configure any of
> my systems to have /var on a separate partition since a long time,
> so I wouldn't have noticed.  Thanks for reporting.  I am not very
> up-to-date on systemd, so this will need a bit of investigation. If
> anyone knows how to set a dependency on a particular mount-oint in
> a systemd service file, please speak up.

man 5 systemd.units lists the RequiresMountsFor= option:

 RequiresMountsFor=
           Takes a space-separated list of absolute paths. Automatically
           adds dependencies of type Requires= and After= for all mount
           units required to access the specified path.

           Mount points marked with noauto are not mounted automatically
           and will be ignored for the purposes of this option. If such
           mount should be a requirement for this unit, direct
dependencies
           on the mount units may be added (Requires= and After= or some
           other combination).

So this might be an option. Other possibility would be to create a
.path unit and to depend on this (e.g. depend that
/var/lib/brltty/<whatever> is there)

Bye,
Simon