Re: Strange issue with brltty

Responding to myself to provide a bit of additional information:

Shérab (2015/08/20 14:19 +0200):
> Dear all,
>
> I'm observing something with brltty that I do not understand.
> The brltty that is started at boot is configured one way, but if I do
> /etc/init.d/brltty stop && sleep 2 && /etc/init.d/brltty start
>
> Then I get an instance of brltty that is configured differently.
>
> As if the two processes were not using the same preferences file.

Indeed. The brltty that is run at boot time uses /etc/brltty.prefs,
whereas the brltty started manually uses /var/lib/brltty/brltty.pres. So
what remains to be understood is why it is so and any idea on this point
will be warmly appreciated.

Shérab.