Re: Packaging Request Sinsy and vConnect-STAND/Cadencii

Tobias Platen 於 2015年03月04日 03:29 寫道:
> Hello,
>
> I'm not a member of the Debian project so I don't have access to the
> repositories. I want to contribute to Debian, especially to music apps
> and accessability.
> Therefore I prepared debian packages for Sinsy and vConnect-STAND. Both
> programs are singing speech synthesizers that only support the Japanese
> language.
> To make Cadencii support vConnect-STAND I also had to write a small
> patch, that I added to the existing cadencii source package.  I have
> already uploaded the packages to my own ppa[1].
> For Sinsy I chose to use a git-repository[2] that supports
> git-buildpackage. I'm willing to maintain the packaging in the future
> and want to ask for a sponsor who uploads the packages to the Debian
> repository.
>
> Tobias Platen
>

> [1] https://launchpad.net/~isengaara/+archive/ubuntu/utauloid
> [2] https://gitorious.org/sinsy

Hi Tobias,

It's so cool. I'm excited about your work.
But I'm busy on week days due to finding new jobs. I'll read your patch
for Cadencii in the weekend and will see if I can just merge the patch
and upload.

BTW, Candencii itself supports UTF-16 so it actually works for
non-Japanese language. We are making a Chinese virtual singer base on
UTAU format. [1]
If we make the oto.ini encoded by UTF-16 with BOM as the first byte, it
can parse the oto.ini correctly with Chinese characters.
Not sure why Sinsy and vConnect doesn't support other languages.

But I've been told from the developers of Mono project (Atsushi Enomoto)
that Cadencii is dead upstream now. And they use Windows stuff in .Net
so the latest Cadencii are not very easy to be built inside Debian.
Atsushi was trying to remove the dependencies of Windows stuff but it is
still WIP. Since we don't have other choices right now so I'll keep
maintaining an old version of Cadencii inside Debian.

[1] http://sourceforge.net/p/purplesparrow/home/Home/
    At 26:00 of the video there's a demo song.

--
                                PaulLiu (劉穎駿)
E-mail: Ying-Chun Liu (PaulLiu) <paulliu@debian.org>