Re: Speech-enabled install using win32 loader

On Tue, 8 Oct 2013, Samuel Thibault wrote:

Geoff Shang, le Mon 07 Oct 2013 17:15:00 +0100, a écrit :
Is it possible to trigger the behaviour we get with "s" at the command
prompt, or is it possible to mimic this with kernel commandline parameters?

The "s" shortcut is actually simply a shortcut for choosing the
graphical installer mode, and appending speakup.synth=soft on the kernel
commande line, so I have added this to
https://wiki.debian.org/accessibility :

Thanks, this is just what I was looking for.

Unfortunately, the Windows loader requires you to reboot, and is supposed to ask you whether ou want to install Debian or continue to boot Windows.

I don't know if this is inaccessible or if it just didn't come up. I actually suspect the latter but don't know for sure.

At any rate, Windows eventually boots normally.

Back to the drawing board...

Geoff.