Help, I'm confused, speech recognition engine please

I have been thinking about this for some time, and, just this morning, I decided to do it.  I have been wanting to do some research work on speech
recognition for Linux.  However, when looking at the packages available for sphinx, I cannot find the actual speech recognition engine.  I found all
the library files and the end user speech tools, but where is the actual CMU Sphinx speech recognition engine?  These other packages have only part of
what I need.  Which package do I need to install in order to get the speech recognition engine itself?

Thanks.

--
Doug Smith: Special Agent
S.W.A.T  Spiritual Warfare and Advanced Technology