Re: broken orca on testing

Doug Smith <savant-technopath@cyber-wizard.com> wrote:
> Orca was working this afternoon, both before and after the upgrades.  After the system was restarted following the updates, no orca.  Sound works in
> gnome, all other aspects of the sound system seem to be fine, but, with no access to orca, I am unable to tell you what happens.

Have a look in /var/log/apt/history.log to see which packages were upgraded.
Search in particular for AT-SPI and Python-related packages. Then selectively
downgrade those packages by installing versions from stable until the problem
goes away. At that point, if you know which package upgrade caused it, submit
a bug report here or on the bug tracking system.

As so many packages are entering the archive following the release,
unstable/testing are likely to be less reliable than usual for a while, which
is why I am currently very careful about what I upgrade. When it calms down a
little I'll upgrade everything and sort out any problems at that point.