broken orca on testing

To whoever might be able to help with.

I will do the best I can to explain what has happened here.  This afternoon, I did some upgrades on my perpetual testing system.  This is the
production machine for both my girlfriend, who prefers a graphical environment, and myself, who can work in either.

Orca was working this afternoon, both before and after the upgrades.  After the system was restarted following the updates, no orca.  Sound works in
gnome, all other aspects of the sound system seem to be fine, but, with no access to orca, I am unable to tell you what happens.

Here is the information one gets when attempting to do an orca -t in a console.  I am not sure if this happens in gnome-terminal or not, because orca
is not working.

** (process:5626): WARNING **: Command line `dbus-launch --autolaunch=14c6b6065112c6e12d7621d150ba37f6 --binary-syntax --close-stderr' exited with
non-zero exit status 1: Autolaunch error: X11 initialization failed.\n
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
  File "/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.7/orca/orca.py", line 55, in <module>
    import pyatspi
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pyatspi/__init__.py", line 19, in <module>
    from pyatspi.Accessibility import *
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pyatspi/Accessibility.py", line 129, in <module>
    Atspi.Accessible.objectLocale = property(fget=Atspi.Accessible.get_object_locale)
AttributeError: type object 'Accessible' has no attribute 'get_object_locale'

I am not sure where this is happening, but it appears to be somewhere in at-spi or something.

This is after an orca -t in a console.  I am not sure what happens in the gnome terminal environment, because orca never comes up.

I am presently using this system with speakup, and would prefer to be able to save the graphical environment so that Kim can use the system as she is
accustomed to doing.

I also want to know if it is even possible to make a command line browser with the functionality and feature-richness of a graphical firefox or
something but that actually works in a console with speakup.

Hope you can help.

--
Doug Smith: Special Agent
S.W.A.T  Spiritual Warfare and Advanced Technology