Re: Gnome metapackage doesn't install Orca

On 4/6/2012 5:40 PM, Jason White wrote:
Also, could a section be added to the accessibility page listing
what packages need to be installed to get a fully working X
environment? Apparently installing the "gnome" metapackage isn't
enough.  I don't know what to install to take the most advantage of
Gnome accessibility.

Install gnome-orca from unstable. This should now bring in all of the ATK and
AT-SPi dependencies.

To use a braille display, BRLTTY needs to be installed as well.

The only other non-obvious dependency that comes to mind is that if you want
accessibility from the LibreOffice GUI, the libreoffice-gnome package is
required.

OK, so does this mean that I install all of the following from unstable?

gnome gnome-orca libreoffice-gnome

What about iceweasel? In the past, I remember having to install Iceweasel Gnome support separately.

Out of curiosity, why does installing the gnome metapackage also bring in Apache 2.2? Obviously it's recommended by something, but I'm not sure what.

The original point I was getting at is that the old:

"gnome-desktop-environment"

metapackage was installing Orca at one time, but the new "gnome" metapackage doesn't. I'm wondering if this is a known issue and will be fixed or if it's worth filing a bug.