Re: Gnome metapackage doesn't install Orca

Tony Baechler <tony@baechler.net> wrote:

> Also, could a section be added to the accessibility page listing
> what packages need to be installed to get a fully working X
> environment? Apparently installing the "gnome" metapackage isn't
> enough.  I don't know what to install to take the most advantage of
> Gnome accessibility.

Install gnome-orca from unstable. This should now bring in all of the ATK and
AT-SPi dependencies.

To use a braille display, BRLTTY needs to be installed as well.

The only other non-obvious dependency that comes to mind is that if you want
accessibility from the LibreOffice GUI, the libreoffice-gnome package is
required.