Re: Volunteering to experiment with AT-SPI 2 and Orca

Hi Jason,

Well let's do a small balance of things, now I did personally some tests
on sid. If I understand things (and my experience is):
- On testing, we are on gnome3, but orca and atspi is deprecated. Ok?

- On sid, we are on gnome3 too. If we use orca (experimental) and atspi2
(experimental), it works. I got braille, I could do alt-F1, browse in
menus, open gedit, set orca preferences. I didn't find any "Close
session" button and I didn't access to the panel (the nautilus desktop).
Do you have a similar result? I prrecise I only got that after
installing libatspi2 from experimental, then I have always the
workaround for gtk3 problem I mentioned when gnome-terminal was updated
in gnome-panel.
What about for you?

The plan: I can try packaging the latest stable libatspi2. Could you
tell me where's the original (upstream) package? Then I'll try, at least
to send you the package before uploading on experimental. I hope we'll
be able to test soon (probably next week). For orca I can find latest
stable more easily. I remind that I only work on experimental waiting
for Mario's final decision when he's back (and I'm sure he will).

Best regards,

Jean-Philippe MENGUAL