Re: a11y: some issues in squeeze

Hi.
On Thu, Mar 03, 2011 at 12:46:53PM +0100, Halim Sahin wrote:
> Hi Kenny,
>
> It would be nice to know which synth you are using with libao.
> it works stable here using ibmtts and espeak.
I'm using espeak.

> Another question would be if the synthdriver crashs or the core server.
Not sure.  Since I posted my last message, I haven't had another crash.  I'll keep running to get more useful info.

> Have you also installed pulseaudio?
Pulseaudio is a dependency of speech-dispatcher in Debian, so yes, it's installed.  I did try speech-dispatcher without editing any files
only to have pulseaudio lock the sound card and prevent me from getting speech from espeakup.

> Which soundcard are you using.?

It's the on board sound chip on my desktop nforce2 ac97 audio controler mcp rev a1.
It uses the snd_intel8x0 driver.

I've noticed I now have problems with orca responsiveness using speech-dispatcher and libao for output.  I didn't see
this with the alsa output.

          Kenny