Re: a11y: some issues in squeeze

Kenny Hitt <kenny@hittsjunk.net> writes:

> Hi.
> On Wed, Mar 02, 2011 at 07:58:52PM +0100, Samuel Thibault wrote:
>> Halim Sahin, le Wed 02 Mar 2011 14:59:23 +0100, a écrit :
>> > 2. please build speechd with libao support turned on so we can use a
>> > working alsa sound setup.
>> > The native alsa driver of speechd crashs several times a day (test with
>> > squeeze).
>>
>> That might be accepted by the release team, since it could be considered
>> as a grave bug.
>>
> I agree it's a grave bug, but it doesn't look like switching to libao fixes the crashes here.
> I just got the speech-dispatcher 0.7.1-4 package in unstable.
> I allowed the update to replace my speechd.conf.  This meant the default audio output was pulse.  I edited speechd.conf to
> change pulse to libao.  That was the only change I made to the default speechd.conf file.
> I did a killall -9 speech-dispatcher and removed my ~/.speech-dispatcher directory.
> So far, speech-dispatcher has crashed 3 times in under an hour.
> The ~/.speech-dispatcher/log/speech-dispatcher.log doesn't have any errors.

You could try running speech-dispatcher manually under gdb.
Once the daemon crashes again, switch to that gdb session and
request a backtrace ("bt").

It might be necessary to rebuild speech-dispatcher with debug symbols
included to get a meaningful backtrace.

--
CYa,
  ⡍⠁⠗⠊⠕ | Debian Developer <URL:http://debian.org/>