Re: a11y: some issues in squeeze

Hi.
On Wed, Mar 02, 2011 at 07:58:52PM +0100, Samuel Thibault wrote:
> Halim Sahin, le Wed 02 Mar 2011 14:59:23 +0100, a écrit :
> > 2. please build speechd with libao support turned on so we can use a
> > working alsa sound setup.
> > The native alsa driver of speechd crashs several times a day (test with
> > squeeze).
>
> That might be accepted by the release team, since it could be considered
> as a grave bug.

I agree it's a grave bug, but it doesn't look like switching to libao fixes the crashes here.
I just got the speech-dispatcher 0.7.1-4 package in unstable.
I allowed the update to replace my speechd.conf.  This meant the default audio output was pulse.  I edited speechd.conf to
change pulse to libao.  That was the only change I made to the default speechd.conf file.
I did a killall -9 speech-dispatcher and removed my ~/.speech-dispatcher directory.
So far, speech-dispatcher has crashed 3 times in under an hour.
The ~/.speech-dispatcher/log/speech-dispatcher.log doesn't have any errors.
I'll do some more testing and post with more info when I can get it.

          Kenny