Re: RFS: eviacam

Hi César,

On Tue, Jul 26, 2011 at 02:30:24PM +0200, Cesar Mauri wrote:
[...]
> >control
> >- Your standards version is very old. The current version is 3.9.2.
> >   Check what you need to change, and update accordingly.
>
> Updated standards version to 3.9.1

Without futher review of the actual package: Why not to 3.9.2?

[...]
> >- Consider putting your Debian packaging in a VCS and add the
> >   appropriate tags
>
> Can you provide additional details about this?

The VCS (version control system) for the Debian packaging would be the Svn,
Git, Bzr or Hg URI pointing to where you track your Debian changes. Commonly
alioth.debian.org is a good starting point if you've nowhere else that's
already publically offering your VCS tree.

[...]
> >rules
> >- I find the clean target a little strange, why copy the config.sub and
> >   config.guess there?
>
> Removed.

I hope you changed that to autotools-dev use. Usually it's a sensible
default to use autotools-dev (e.g. dh --with autotools_dev) if your package
does use autotools.

[...]
> >- Not sure, but I think quite some options in your ./configure line are
> >   added by the builder automatically.
>
> Not sure also.

See /usr/share/perl5/Debian/Debhelper/Buildsystem/autoconf.pm for exact
details.

--
Best regards,
Kilian