Re: Activation of Speech Dispatcher under squeeze

Hi.
On Wed, Sep 29, 2010 at 07:42:54PM -0700, Zachary Kline wrote:
> Hi,
> I suggest that one way to ensure a sane configuration of
> speech-dispatcher in .speech-dispatcher is to run spd-conf from the
> shell.
> The configuration file actually needs to be in
> .speech-dispatcher/conf, which that script will take care of for you
> among other things.
> Try that and see how it goes?

Thanks, that finally got it.  Not sure if I could have copied the file I edited from /etc/speech-dispatcher, but spd-conf did the trick.
My final setup uses alsa and not pulseaudio.
Otherwise, I just pressed enter and let spd-conf use it's defaults.

          Kenny