Re: Lost /etc/brlapi.key

Sebastian Humenda <shumenda@googlemail.com> writes:

> Should have been my second look. Sorry. I built BRLTTY with the prefix
> /usr/local. In order to run it, I put a symlink into /sbin pointing to
> /usr/local/bin/brltty. A short while ago I removed this symlink and now Orca
> does search for the brlapi.key in /usr/local/etc. From where does Orca know
> that?

> That seems odd to me, I never told it to look there;

Orca does not directly search for your brlapi.key, libbrlapi does,
which is called from Orca via its python bindings.
If you installed a hand-compiled version of brltty in /usr/local,
it is likely that orca is picking up your parts of your locally
compiled version of libbrlapi somehow.

You should be knowing what you're doing if you run mixed
setups like this.

As a hint, maybe you can get around things by putting
a symlink from /usr/local/etc/brlapi.key to /etc/brlapi.key?

> I thought it would always look in /etc.

But you installed a local version in /usr/local, why do you suppose
the behaviour should be the same as with the debian package if you
explicitly
changed the prefix?

--
CYa,