Re: Speakup dkms package.

On Mon, Jul 12, 2010 at 01:24:11PM CEST, Samuel Thibault wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Luke Yelavich, le Fri 09 Jul 2010 13:24:42 +1000, a écrit :
> > I am writing to see whether having such a package would be worthwhile in Debian.
>
> It seems to me like it's a good thing, yes.

Ok, I have pushed changes to speakup git to create the dkms package. I won't be able to test this properly until I have set up a Debian install on a VM or hardware, but this was thoroughly tested on Ubuntu, so barring any major kernel changes between Ubuntu and Debian, things should work without issue. Feel free to edit the description of the speakup binary package as you see fit.

The architecture field is only amd64 and i386 at the moment, because I am not sure whether architectures are supported by dkms, and I am not currently in a position to test any non-x86 architectures. I can test on powerpc when I return home next week however.

Luke