Re: Feedback of strange experience

Hi,

Le mercredi 21 juillet 2010 à 09:34 +0200, Mario Lang a écrit :

> > Then pidgin seems to be supported better. And so on. 2 problems: one
> > "minor", one major.  Minor: in preference dialog, all tabs are not
> > visible (general and speech are not visible, braille, shortcuts,
> > magnifier are; some checkboxes are not visible (their contents).
>
> What do you mean by "visible"?  I can't really reproduce this bug with
> orca 2.30.
I mean that, if I do ins+v, in Settings dialog, I don't see on braille display and orca doesn't speak on General tab and Synthetiser tab. The name of these 2 tabs is mute, as if it wasn't written. I have a blank line instead of words "General" or "Speech synthetiser" written, whereas "braille" "magnifier" appear.

> > But if I see my google experience, I'm also surprised because arrows
> > don't work. Is it normal?
>
> Maybe you want to toggle "Grab focus on objects when navigating" in
> the Iceweasel specific Orca preferences.  If you have Iceweasel
> open, hit Insert+Ctrl+Space to fire up the app specific
> preferences in Orca, go to the "Iceweasel" tab and
> down to "Grab focus on objects when navigating".  Toggle it,
> hit OK, and retry.
I'll try again. But I'm nearly sure, among tests, I tried this and I disabled "Structured browsing" too (the second checkbox after this you tell me. But I'll try again. The problem stays as big on labanquepostale with this button that orca doesn't see. :(

> > Hence:
> > - Isn't it possible to add the fix for my A keyboard in orca 2.28,
> > (backports or fix in stable) avoiding an update?
>
> If you can isolate the exact fix for orca 2.22 without upgrading
> the whole package, we can think about a stable update.
hmm cool. I thought you could know easily how it was fixed. :) Personally I don't know what was changed, in particular because I don't have daily changelog and I don't know exactly what they did. But I guess this fix doesn't involve upgrading the whole package.

> > Isn't it possible to integrate improvements for pidgin (these are 2
> > feasures I prefer so far in orca 2.30)? It would include a little
> > patch on current package I guess?
>
> Again, if you can isolate the exact change, we can maybe think
> about a stable update, but we can not just upgrade to a new version instable.
Well I don't know enough orca to know this, but don't you think it's only a script update? Doesn't orca work with a script for each application, or each script depends on other things in main orca?

> > - Or do you prefer to fix the main bug I reported so that I would go
> > on testing orca, despite strange conditions?
>
> I dont quite understand what you are saying.
In fact, I suggest, alternatively, to try fixing the bugs I reported (i.e. on the Internet and visible tabs) to improve orca 2.30 directly instead of fixing 2.28 (for the A and pidgin) to improve current stable release with, I hope, minor fixes.

Thanks,

Regards,

> --
> CYa,
>   ⡍⠁⠗⠊⠕ | Debian Developer <URL:http://debian.org/>
>   .''`. | Get my public key via finger mlang/key@db.debian.org
>  : :' : | 1024D/7FC1A0854909BCCDBE6C102DDFFC022A6B113E44
>  `. `'
>    `-      <URL:http://delysid.org/>  <URL:http://www.staff.tugraz.at/mlang/>

Jean-Philippe MENGUAL