Re: flite new version need a DD upload from mentors repos

On Thu, Jun 25, 2009 at 11:26:38PM +0200, Samuel Thibault wrote:
> Hello,
>
> For things that are not related to accessibility, you should probably Cc
> debian-mentors to get faster feedback :)

Hello,
I'm not hurried :)
I have already a mentor.
But I prefer debian-accessibility/Mario Lang check and upload this package.
My mentor know I'm working with you. But I'll send him a carbon copy.

> Denis Briand, le Sun 07 Jun 2009 00:22:03 +0200, a écrit :
> > P: flite1-dev: no-upstream-changelog
> > For no upstream changelog, I think is not a problem
>
> That's pendantic indeed, I'd just ignore it.

ok

> > X: libflite1: shlib-calls-exit usr/lib/libflite.so.1.3
> > For shlib-calls-exit I may see that with upstream team
>
> >From the source code, this happens only on ENOMEM, so it's not so bad in
> that it shouldn't happen so often. See with upstream how that could be
> better dealt with, however. I'd personnally rather use abort();

ok, I don't contact them yet.

> > I: libflite1: no-symbols-control-file usr/lib/libflite_cmu_us_kal16.so.1.3
> > For no-symbols-control-file, I fear it may cause some trouble on specific architectures
>
> Actually I personally don't like symbols control file, as they just add
> maintainship burden.

ok :) I agree.

> > X: libflite1: spelling-error-in-binary ./usr/lib/libflite_cmu_us_kal16.so.1.3 ment meant
> > For spelling error in binary... very experimental lintian tag...
>
> Woa, if that is not pedantic... No it's not an error indeed :)

^^ huhu

> >   * Bump standards version to 3.8.1.
>
> That can be 3.8.2 now :)

Yes, we are working on a new version with alsa support with Lukas
Loehrer. This version closed 6 bugs.
And I have already bump to 3.8.2 in this version. I receive
debian-devel-announce in my mail box.

> Just a few additional comments:
>
> - maybe ./debian/rules can use make clean?

Yes we can, but I remember it don't clean correctly the sources.
I will check it.

> - I guess you have forwarded the debian patches upstream?

Not yet, I'm waiting the package is OK for upload before.
I don't want to send them wrong patches

I will remove current version on mentors, because new version with alsa
support rox better :)
We will test it with Lukas before and when it will be ready I will
upload it on mentors.

Carbon copy to my co-maintainer:  Lukas Loehrer
and to my mentor: Patrick Matthäi

Denis Briand