Re: wishlist: tamtam at login is blindfriendlier than silence ...

Aldo <info@brlspeak.net> writes:

> - all older Debian distros do have a login bongo/conga/tamtam/whatever; now
>   it seems to have been replaced by nothing, and nothing = silence, and
>   silence = unfriendly for us it at that moment you hadn't Orca
>   active/installed

I am not quite sure what you are talking about.  Are you refering
to a sound signal played when GDM is ready to take your user/password info,
or are you looking for a sound to be played after login is complete?

On my sid box, I always had a PC speaker based beep when GDM prompts
me for a password.  This hasn't gone away as far as I can tell.
Maybe your new installation has the PC speaker not working?

--
CYa,
  ⡍⠁⠗⠊⠕ | Debian Developer <URL:http://debian.org/>