Re: Make syslinux beep?

Frans Pop, le Thu 17 Jul 2008 12:32:39 +0200, a écrit :
> I could see myself agreeing if you can come up with an implementation that
> only includes the beep for official builds (i.e. the addition of the beep
> is triggered by something in debian/rules).

That should be feasible, so I guess that's the way we can head to.  I
can have a look at that part.

> We'd also need some assurance that it does not break installs using serial
> console and on systems using management devices (like HP's iLO [1]).
> This means it needs to be tested for such cases before the change is
> committed. Getting it tested would be up to you (accessibility people),
> though we can possibly point you to people you could contact for that.

It is just about making sure that syslinux emitting a beep doesn't
pose problem there, should be feasible.  Debian-accessibility people,
volunteers?  It's just about modifying a syslinux image to add a ^G
character, check that it beeps on your system, and have it tested by
those people.

Thanks for your patience,