Re: Installing Orca from svn under Debian

On Sat, Jul 12, 2008 at 06:59:31PM +1000, Daniel Dalton wrote:

> It does, your running a binary, so don't think its related to your
> python path, just install the svn version, I know it goes ahead of
> debian, I have tried it and it also says I believe on the orca
> website...

I want to be able to switch between the two installed versions by changing
some environment variables. I think it should be possible to set $PYTHONPATH
to modify Python's path, and obviously, the shell's $PATH can easily be
changed to search /usr/bin before /usr/local/bin.

I'll raise this on the Orca list to find out whether anyone else has been able
to get it working.