Re: New speakup-udeb component

On Saturday 31 May 2008, Samuel Thibault wrote:
> > What is the status of the kernel support and the l-m-e packaging?
>
> Attached is the patch to l-m-e which I have used.

OK. But my question actually was: when can we expect these packages to hit
the archive?

> > Should that not include the kernel version, ABI and flavor?
>
> Hum, indeed.  I don't know how to do that properly.

See for example:
http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/d-i/trunk/packages/partman/partman-crypto/finish-install.d/05crypto?op=file&rev=0&sc=0

Note that that assumes l-m-e also generates appropriate meta-packages
(without kernel minor and ABI version) which depend on the actual
package, but I'd expect that to be covered automatically.

Example:
Package: loop-aes-modules-2.6-686
Depends: linux-latest-modules-2.6.25-2-686, loop-aes-modules-2.6.25-2-686

My conclusion for now is that there seems to be no harm in waiting until
the modules are actually available in the archive. The scripts are fairly
trivial and can be added on short notice at that time. With the added
advantage that they then can be properly tested.
We can then also add them in kernel-wedge so that the kernel module udebs
can be generated.

Cheers,
FJP