Re: tasksel-data: Add an "Accessibility" task

Mario Lang, le Tue 25 Mar 2008 16:02:42 +0100, a écrit :
> Samuel Thibault <samuel.thibault@ens-lyon.org> writes:
> > Package: tasksel-data
> > Severity: normal
> >
> > Hello,
> >
> > It has been suggested that tasksel could have an "accessibility" tasks,
> > which would automatically install e.g. the gnome-orca package and other
> > accessibility-related packages.
>
> gnome-orca, gok and dasher are all installed automatically if
> you install the "gnome" metapackage.  At least this is what
> happened last time I ran "apt-get install gnome" on sid.

Ah ok.  Sebastien also suggested speech synthesizers.

> If a braille display user used brltty in d-i, brltty is already
> installed automatically.  So, in theory, if you use
> d-i with brltty, and select the GNOME desktop environment, you
> should have a running brltty, and an installed (not configured yet) gnome-orca
> package on your target system.

But a non-blind person who wants to install a system for a non-blind
person won't use brltty in d-i, and that case is not so uncommon.

Now there is the problem of having it configured out the box.  I guess
we should consider giving by default /etc/brlapi.key access to the user
created during d-i?