need audio feedback for both USB and regular keyboards

Hi, I' m looking for a way I can get some audio feedback from both the regular keyboard on my laptop and an external USB keyboard. The issue is hand finger dexterity due to CP. The noisier the keyboard the better, in fact the Teletype 33 had one the best keyboard I've ever used, but that's a few decades ago.

Right now I'm just looking for a quick fix that just generates any noise when the key is pressed. Later I'd like to look at unique key signatures and something for the key press and key release, as well as other things.

The laptop, currently is a IBM ThinkPad P III running Ubuntu 7.04, Feisty. Any suggestions?

Oh, and is there any way of just turning off the touch pad and switches so I can just use a USB mouse?

Rick Berger