Re: Call for review: debian.org/devel/debian-accessibility/software.html

Hello Mario,

On Sun, 21 Jan 2007, Mario Lang wrote:

Hi.

As some of you might already know, the Debian Accessibility Project
webpages include a relevant software listing[1] which tries to unify
all accessibility related package descriptions into
one nicely sub-linked webpage.  This page is *not* autogenerated,
since in some cases, it makes more sense to slightly rewrite
the package descriptions.  Please review this listing,
and report items that:
* Are missing.
* Could use better wording.
* Are out-dated.
* You know the hardware vendor URL for.

Some of these software items actually support AT hardware.
I tried to link to the relevant vendors product info page
wherever possible, especially within the BRLTTY description[2].
I think such visibility is only good for communication with
AT vendors, perhaps they might one time even realize that their
hardware is working out-of-the-box on Debian...  And of course,
it is nice for our users if they can immediately see if their
piece of hardware is supported.

This page is a very good idea. I think there are things that need to be added, such as Orca and LSR. I'm very happy to contribute, if you'd like me to.

Please let me know.

Bertil