Laptop Install?

I just want to know if I'm on the right track here. I'm trying to install debian on my laptop. I made some boot floppies but there doesn't seem to be any way to get them to recognize my pcmcia network card. Or is there?

So assuming there isn't, I'm guessng I have to install from a CD. I don't have a CD burner yet although I ordered one last Friday. Should arrive today or tomorrow. So I haven't tried to install from a CD yet. But I'm guessing the CD image would include pcmcia support because they have more room on a CD than a diskette. Is that right?

And then I would have to enter a boot parameter like "console=ttyS0,115200n8" to get a serial console because I'm not going to be able to edit the syslinux.cfg on the CD. Right?

Finally, I have an Oralux CD that I can boot from. I've heard rumors that you can install debian via an Oralux CD but I can't find and docs on that. Can that be done?

--
John G. Heim
University of Wisconsin - Division of Information Technology (DoIT)

To boldly code what no one has coded before.