Info about Gnopernicus and dependencies.

Title: Info about Gnopernicus and dependencies.

All.

I wanted to install gnopernicus on my debian system and attempted to do so with Aptitude.  At that stage I did not have the gnome or x installed, but I made an attempt to install gnopernicus expecting that the aptitude application would install dependencies as appropriate.  Aptitude did seem to install a few dependencies but in the end, while gnopernicus was installed, I could not use it as I could not run the x with startx etc.  (that is, parts of gnome and/or x were not installed).  I thought these things would be dependencies for gnopernicus?  Is there an error here?  Is apt meant to install dependencies along with any other dependencies on the dependencies?  (I expect it should).

Mat.