Re: speakup Debian installer

Hi.  Replying to myself.

On Fri, Sep 24, 2004 at 08:26:27AM -0500, kenny wrote:
> Hi.  I remember recently seeing message from people who going to work on
> getting a speakup modified Debian installer included in the next
> release.  I need to use it, so I would like to know if there has been
> any progress on it.  If not, is it to late to get it into the next
> release?

I download and the access floppies from

http://people.debian.org/~joeyh/d-i/images/daily/floppy/access

I ran into problems with them.  First, they didn't come up talking.  I
have a DECtalk express.  I typed
linux speakup_synth=dectlk
to start the boot process.  I got no speech.  When the first floppy
finished loading, I inserted the root disk.  It seemed to load, but
still no speech.  After it stopped, I used alt right arrow to switch to
console 2.  I then typed
echo dectlk >/proc/speakup/synth_name
The dectalk started to initialize and then I lost speech.
I mounted the floppy images after I created them and them seemed ok.
For completeness, I used the command

dd bs=1024 if=imagefile of=/dev/fd0
to create the disks.
Now, I have a few questions.  Should I report this to debian-boot?
Since this is access related and possibly not a general installer problem
I thought I should start here.
My problem might be floppy drive related, and I can burn CD's, so is it
possible to get an accessible Debian installer CD?  If there isn't an
accessible CD image, what needs to be done to create one.  I'm not a
Debian developer, so telling me to upload something isn't an option.
When I as "could a cd be created", I mean an official image.  If it
isn't possible to have an official Debian access Cd image, please let me
know so I can start trying to create an unofficial one.

Thanks in advance.
          Kenny