Re: Shells and Syntax Again

Thomas Tempé (Johnix) wrote:
However, I believe you'd have to implement an "undelete" mechanism in
the filesystem.
I thought so, too. THe lack of such an undo mechanism isn't that bad, these are just ideas that I think would be cool, and that might be possible in Linux. I'll consider scripting a bit so that rm uses some kind of a Trash emulation directory.

have you tried browsing through the existing shells on
http://www.freshmeat.net ?
Will check that. I suppose there must be countless shells out there.

I don't really know what you mean, or what you could get from it
Though not a problem on the LInux side, perhaps the database additions allow you to finally do proper file type identification in Windows, that doesn't solely rely on the file extension. Also, I believe file searches in a database will be lightning fast, well we've got locate, and there are probably some means of performing SQL-queries on metadata.

Virtual FileSystem, which acts as an unifying interface for all filesystem
implementations.
Sounds like a good design.

--
With kind regards Veli-Pekka Tätilä (vtatila@mail.student.oulu.fi)
Accessibility, game music, synthesizers and more: