Re: cdebconf - backup support in text frontend
On Sun, Mar 07, 2004 at 12:17:44PM +0100, Bastian Blank wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 06, 2004 at 12:12:24PM -0900, Joey Hess wrote:
> > Hmm, depending on the terminal type, it may work to just print one line.
> > I'm thinking of something like this:
> > Scanning hardware..10%..20%..30%..40%..50%..
> It works at least on the 3215 terminals of a s390.
I just committed large changes in the text frontend, here is the
* '\r' is not supported by all terminals, which made progress bars
unreadable. The display is now:
Progress bar title ..20%..40%..60%..80%..100%
* Add support for backing up. Closes: #183107
* For most questions, prints the short description below the extended
* String and passwd questions accept an empty answer.
* A contextual help message is available at prompt.
I would like to finish it tonight, my TODO currently contains:
- When displaying select and multiselect questions, text height must
be computed to not display more than a screen.
- Replace fgets() calls by fgetc() so that Enter key does not have to
- Error templates must be highlighted (no idea how yet).
If you have time, please test it and let me know if you find bugs or
think about other enhancements.