Re: Is yasr properly working on Debian testing ?

Kenny Hitt <kenny@hittsjunk.net> writes:

> Hi.You need to change youryasr.conf to look like
>
> synthesizer port=|/usr/bin/tcl
> /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/emacspeak/servers/dtk-soft
>
> That all should be on the same line.  Also, make sure you have the
> EMACSPEAK_DIR=/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/emacspeak
>
> set before you run yasr.

OK, thx a lot !  I had completly forgotten tcl ! Now it works fine. thx again.

> BTW, what changes did you need to make before you could compile the
> source for the emacspeak DEQTalk server.

Here is the contains of my Makefile :

#$Id: Makefile,v 17.0 2002/11/23 01:29:10 raman Exp $
#
CFLAGS=-g -fpic -I /usr/include/tcl8.3
CC=gcc
LIBS=-ltts -ltts_us -ltcl8.3

tcldtk.so: tcldtk.o
	$(CC) $< $(LIBS)  -shared -o $@

clean:
	rm tcldtk.so tcldtk.o

the original Makefile is the Makefile from the debian package emacspeak
17.0

DECtalk software works perfectly here with kernel 2.4.18 and OSS sound
driver. But unfortunatly it's not the case with kernel 2.6 and alsa
drivers. for the moment I don't know why but as soon as I use DECtalk
with this configuration it becomes very unresponsive and crashes very
often. Has someone encounter the same problem ?