Re: Gnome 2 + Gnopernicus + Gnome-speech

Nath <nath.ml@free.fr> writes:

> can you tell me what is the best approach today to install gnome 2 from
> debian packages with Gnopernicus 0.7.1 and Gnome-speech 0.2.7 ?
> Is it really possible or may we absolutely build Gnome 2 from scratch ?
> I ask because it seems the newest Gnopernicus release is not packaged
> for debian and the last time I tried there was a problem with ATK (the
> version packaged for debian was too old).
> So, please, let me know if things are better now ?

No, they are not.  See
http://bugs.debian.org/215039
for an explanation.

    Current consensus among the Debian GNOME people seems
to be to release Sarge with GNOME 2.2.  That is why several
libraries (including atk and at-spi) are not kept at their
latest versions in unstable currently.  I attempted several
times to convince the atk/at-spi maintainer to except those packages
from that rule since they are very important infrastructure for
Accessibility-related software.  However, I did not appear
to succeed yet.  It currently looks like as if we
will release Debian Sarge with at-spi 1.1.9 and gnopernicus 0.3.4.

--
CYa,