error when starting Festival

Hello,

i try to run Festival on a debian testing/unstable. I installed the
festival package and its dependencies. I installed two voices packages
too but when I start Festival as root or as a normal user by invoking
the festival binary I obtain an error saying that no voices are
installed or the voice-path is wrong. It seems the voices are searched
in /usr/lib/festival/voices. so my question :

Have you succeeded in running festival from testing and if yes have you
made changes for the voice-path and how to make these changes ?

It seems a bug as been reported for this problem but I don't see a
solution.

so please if you can help ?

Thanx.

--