Re: error when starting Festival

Nath <nath.ml@free.fr> writes:

> i try to run Festival on a debian testing/unstable. I installed the
> festival package and its dependencies. I installed two voices packages
> too but when I start Festival as root or as a normal user by invoking
> the festival binary I obtain an error saying that no voices are
> installed or the voice-path is wrong. It seems the voices are searched
> in /usr/lib/festival/voices. so my question :
>
> Have you succeeded in running festival from testing and if yes have you
> made changes for the voice-path and how to make these changes ?

I did not try festival in testing, but according to the relevant
bug report, the problem is related to the fact that paths have changed
with the new festival upload, which puts stuff in /usr/share/festival
now.  The problem seems to be that some dependencies are not
quite right yet.

> It seems a bug as been reported for this problem but I don't see a
> solution.
I guess you are refering to
<URL:http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=199225>

This bugreport explains what is wrong.  A solution
is also mentioned, either get festival from unstable, or
from the festival maintainers private apt repository.

(BTW, it would have been a bit easier to answer your
questions if you had given: 1. a cut&paste copy of the error
messages you are seeing, and 2. a link or at least the bug number
of the bug report you were referring to)

--
CYa,