GNOME Accessibility Continued

Hi Accessibilities :-)

It seems the activation of the /desktop/gnome/interface/accessibility gconf
key did it!  Gnopernicus now speaks its internal menus,
and even launching other GNOME apps seems to sort of work.
There are still many difficulties, for instance,
if a new window is opened, only "Created new window" is spoken,
but not the window title.  If a checkbox item
is spoken, its status (checked or unchecked) is not. You need to
his space or return at least once to hear the change.
But we certainly should be patient, what works currently is a big milestone
compared to the X-inability we had to live with in the last 10 years or so.

For your information, I've found the following
link very helpful.  It describes the GNOME keyboard navigation
features in detail:

http://www.gnome.org/learn/access-guide/2.2/keynav-0.html

Happy GNOMEing

--