Re: Next meeting -- infrastructure

On Fri, Sep 16, 2022 at 9:54 PM Dashamir Hoxha <dashohoxha@gmail.com> wrote:
On Fri, Sep 9, 2022 at 2:26 PM Dashamir Hoxha <dashohoxha@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,

I am proposing a couple of times for the next meeting, but feel free to suggest other times if none of them is suitable for you:

The next meeting is going to be on Monday, 19 September, 15:00 UTC:

I am sorry if this is not a suitable time for everyone. But there is an idea to record the meeting, so that those who cannot participate can at least listen to the discussions later. However this recording (if it is done) will be deleted in a week or so, for privacy reasons.

The focus of this meeting will be the infrastructure needs and requirements of Debian Academy, and what to do to achieve them. Everyone interested in helping with the infrastructure should participate, in particular any DD or DM. If we can also invite people from DebianNet, DebianSocial, DPA, DPL etc. it would be even better.

The meeting place will be: https://jitsi.debian.social/DebAcademy

The recorded meeting, for those who could not participate:
It will be deleted in a week or so.

We concluded that it is better to start with a small request (to the DebianNet team), especially since we are not sure yet whether the project is going to get enough support among the community. So, the requirements are like this:

- 4-8 GB RAM
- At least 2 CPU units
- 20-50 GB HDD
  (we are going to install two Moodle instances, one for testing/development and one for production)

> What will this instance be used for, who will be the target audience?

Hosting Moodle LMS and similar tools.
The Debian Academy team first and students of courses later

> Who will maintain this service? Will it be team maintained?

- Dashamir Hoxha
- David Billsbrough
- Joost van Baal-Ilić
- Mitja Podreka
- Jonathan Bustillos
-  Anastasios Lisgaras

Note: This is the team that will install and maintain the server.
If you want to be added or removed, please let us know.

> What will you use for backups?

We have not decided yet. Anything that DDs use, or whatever DebianNet suggests.

After the request is made to DebianNet and after the VPS is provisioned, we are going to organize another online meeting for the infrastructure team, in order to start working on installing Moodle.

Regards,
Dashamir