Re: Training about how to use Moodle

On 01/08/2022 22:02, Dashamir Hoxha wrote:
> Hi,
>
> A few years ago I developed a training about how to use Moodle, for a
> small university in Albania: https://ocw.fs.al/course/view.php?id=29
> <https://ocw.fs.al/course/view.php?id=29>
> Unfortunately the teachers and the administration of the university were
> not quite interested in using Moodle and the training was not supported.
>
> However I think it is a good idea to start the Debian Academy with a
> training about how to use Moodle. I can adapt and translate to English
> some of the materials, and the training is going to be interactive
> (live) anyway, so it is easy to answer any questions from the
> participants and to clarify any things that they don't understand.
>
> I would suggest that we notify the DD community about it (I am not sure
> how), and those that might be interested in offering a course in Debian
> Academy, can participate. Participation can be open even for those that
> don't think (yet) of offering a course, but are just curious about Moodle.
>
> I would propose this schedule (feel free to make any suggestions):
> - At most until mid September, I develop the syllabus of the course and
> maybe some materials. (Anyone who wants to collaborate on this is wellcome.)
> - During September we send notifications and invitations to the DD
> community and allow them to register on the course.
> - During October we run the course, for about 4-5 weeks, and about 60-90
> min online meeting each week. I usually prefer Saturday evenings, but we
> can discuss and find the most suitable time for the majority of the
> participants.
> - Optionally, we may also offer a certificate of participation to those
> who finish the course successfully. (By the way, I would prefer to use
> verifiable credentials for issuing such digital certificates, but I am
> not sure whether we can do it.)
>
> About the infrastructure.
> If you don't mind, we can use my courseware infrastructure for this
> course (Moodle, BBB, Virtual Computer Lab, etc.) I ran a course about
> the Linux Command Line last year and I have the teaching infrastructure
> ready.
>
> If there is enough interest and participation in this course, we can ask
> for resources from the DebianNet team and we can build the
> infrastructure of the Debian Academy on it. Otherwise, I think that the
> Debian Academy is going nowhere and it is not worth spending resources
> and time for building its infrastructure.
>
> What do you think about it?
>
> On Mon, Aug 1, 2022 at 10:21 AM jathan <jathan@debian.org
> <mailto:jathan@debian.org>> wrote:
>>
>> Hello Dashamir!
>>
>> I find your proposal about the virtual computer labs with Debian
>> desktops and containers really nice! Besides the concept importance
>> pointed by Gregor and if you want to start exploring the possibilities
>> of the technical side, let me know and I will ask the resources if
>> possible to Debian Net Team,

> [...]
Hello Dashamir!

I think your proposal about the training about how to use Moodle is a
nice one. Currently I am travelling and it is hard for me to attend my
computer often, so ask you an apology if I can not be faster to follow
your suggestions in the short time. I have not started the Debian.net
Team communication yet,

Regards
Jathan

--