Training about how to use Moodle

Hi,

A few years ago I developed a training about how to use Moodle, for a small university in Albania: https://ocw.fs.al/course/view.php?id=29
Unfortunately the teachers and the administration of the university were not quite interested in using Moodle and the training was not supported.

However I think it is a good idea to start the Debian Academy with a training about how to use Moodle. I can adapt and translate to English some of the materials, and the training is going to be interactive (live) anyway, so it is easy to answer any questions from the participants and to clarify any things that they don't understand.

I would suggest that we notify the DD community about it (I am not sure how), and those that might be interested in offering a course in Debian Academy, can participate. Participation can be open even for those that don't think (yet) of offering a course, but are just curious about Moodle.

I would propose this schedule (feel free to make any suggestions):
- At most until mid September, I develop the syllabus of the course and maybe some materials. (Anyone who wants to collaborate on this is wellcome.)
- During September we send notifications and invitations to the DD community and allow them to register on the course.
- During October we run the course, for about 4-5 weeks, and about 60-90 min online meeting each week. I usually prefer Saturday evenings, but we can discuss and find the most suitable time for the majority of the participants.
- Optionally, we may also offer a certificate of participation to those who finish the course successfully. (By the way, I would prefer to use verifiable credentials for issuing such digital certificates, but I am not sure whether we can do it.)

About the infrastructure.
If you don't mind, we can use my courseware infrastructure for this course (Moodle, BBB, Virtual Computer Lab, etc.) I ran a course about the Linux Command Line last year and I have the teaching infrastructure ready.

If there is enough interest and participation in this course, we can ask for resources from the DebianNet team and we can build the infrastructure of the Debian Academy on it. Otherwise, I think that the Debian Academy is going nowhere and it is not worth spending resources and time for building its infrastructure.

What do you think about it?

On Mon, Aug 1, 2022 at 10:21 AM jathan <jathan@debian.org> wrote:

> Hello Dashamir!

> I find your proposal about the virtual computer labs with Debian
> desktops and containers really nice! Besides the concept importance
> pointed by Gregor and if you want to start exploring the possibilities
> of the technical side, let me know and I will ask the resources if
> possible to Debian Net Team,

> Regards!
> Jathan

Thanks Jathan. As I tried to explain above, let's make sure first that the Debian Academy idea is supported by the DD community, and then it will be easier to ask for some resources to support its infrastructure.

Best regards,
Dashamir