Re: [Pkg-pascal-devel] Debugging FPC build issue on m68k

Hi Charlie,

On Wed, 2020-08-12 at 11:38 +0200, Karoly Balogh (Charlie/SGR) wrote:

Sorry for the delayed response, yes, we in upstream are willing to fix the
issue, although we run regular tests with QEMU, and those are looking
good. So not sure what could cause that build problem, but we're also
mostly doing cross-builds with m68k, not native builds.

I know I promised to look into this, but never really had time in the last
few weeks, sorry about it. It turned out, our SVN trunk was broken for
Linux-m68k, so I fixed that meanwhile, but FPC 3.2.0 was forked earlier to
that breakage, so if there's an issue it must be different. I'll get
there, meanwhile but of course any input is welcome.
I looked deeper in the issue and it seems that it may be a bug in the initial compiler /usr/bin/ppc68k which is used to bootstrap the cycle.
This compiler is of version 3.0.4+dfsg-23.

So a possible way to overcome this is to perform a binary upload to m68k. However I was not able to generate packages by cross compilation.
--
Cheers, Abou Al Montacir