Re: Planning a Debian/Linux m68k Meeting in 2020

On Fri, Apr 10, 2020 at 01:50:46PM +0000, John Alexander wrote:
>  Hi there I like the idea of Jitsi as it's much more open but from the use we have had with local LUGs we  have found it to be problematic with a larger number of clients particularly
> low bandwidth clients essentially bringing the server into a bad state.
>
> The sessions run on Zoom work much better.. I can gain access to both platforms to both platforms and we can try them out together and let you make up your own minds.

Please no zoom. It's been all over the news...

We use BigBlueButton for teaching now, I had a successful meeting with more
than 180 participants (no camera, no mike for the participants). A session
with 12 parallel video streams also worked fined. The server has a 1Gbit/s
connection, I have a simple DSL connection.

In case somebody has time to waste, you can help packaging it for Debian:

Christian