Re: Planning a Debian/Linux m68k Meeting in 2020

Hi there I like the idea of Jitsi as it's much more open but from the use we have had with local LUGs we  have found it to be problematic with a larger number of clients particularly
low bandwidth clients essentially bringing the server into a bad state.

The sessions run on Zoom work much better.. I can gain access to both platforms to both platforms and we can try them out together and let you make up your own minds.

JA

On Friday, 10 April 2020, 13:05:44 BST, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz <glaubitz@physik.fu-berlin.de> wrote:

Hi!

On 4/10/20 10:04 AM, Carsten Strotmann wrote:

> after the nice meeting we had in 2018, I've started planning a meeting
> for 2020 (I'm an optimist).
>
> So far, there is no date or location, but I've updated the website:
> <https://m68kmeeting.linuxkistchen.de/>
>
> If the current COVID-19 situation will continue over the summer, the
> event could be held in cyberspace as a virtual conference. Maybe it is
> alwys a good idea to offer an virtual attendance option for people who
> cannot travel.
>
> I'm interested in feedback on possible locations, dates, virtual
> conferences and such.

I would be interested to attend a meeting in Essen this year although
I don't expect the situation to have changed by that time, so I assume
an online meeting would probably a better idea.

I assume that Jitsi would be suitable for that case.

Adrian

--
.''`.  John Paul Adrian Glaubitz
: :' :  Debian Developer - glaubitz@debian.org