Re: "BUG: soft lockup" on A1200; was: Re: Updated installation images for Debian Ports 2019-04-20

Hi Michael,

On Mon, Jun 24, 2019 at 4:28 AM Michael Schmitz <schmitzmic@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 23/06/19 10:26 PM, Szymon Bieganski wrote:
> > On 6/21/19 10:49 PM, Michael Schmitz wrote:
> >> Looks to me as though the master drive present causes a probe for a
> >> slave drive to abort. That could have ramifications for interrupt
> >> handling later on.
> >>
> >> Geert - are the CIA interrupts level or edge triggered? Is there any

Everything is level triggered.

Note that IDE is not a CIA IRQ, but plain AUTO2.

> >> way to skip probing for a second drive once the first has been found?
> > For clarity during the stall condition the _IDE_IRQ is kept low, both
>
> The screenshot you sent by separate mail does show _IDE_IRQ high
> (inactive)? Suggests it's not the hda drive flooding the system with
> interrupts (which we pretty much knew already, because the heartbeat LED
> still flashes and udevd eventually times out).

Indeed.

> > _IDE_CS are high, _ODD_CIA goes low for 880ns every 22us, _EVEN_CIA has
> > short bursts of low every 10ms, same for _INT2, while _INT6 remains low
>
> Probably the system timer interrupt.

Yep.

I find it strange that _INT6 remains low. It's used only for CIA B (timer).
 Was the probe connected correctly?

> > all the time. If necessary I can provide detailed captures of these
> > signals in other conditions too.
>
> Not sure what the _IDE_CS are used for. If you could trigger when the

IDE master and slave drive select.

Gr{oetje,eeting}s,

                        Geert

                                -- Linus Torvalds