Re: "BUG: soft lockup" on A1200; was: Re: Updated installation images for Debian Ports 2019-04-20

Szymon,

Am 22.06.2019 um 04:37 schrieb Szymon Bieganski:
On 6/19/19 1:42 AM, Michael Schmitz wrote:
Does the heartbeat LED keep flashing past this point? I wonder whether
there's an interrupt still pending on the IDE interface that wasn't
cleared when the probe for hdb timed out.

Keeps flashing, with slightly faster rate.

Yes, I should have realized it should do that when udevd later times out. Still, had to ask.

Can you add more output to check where ide_dev_read_id() exits in this
case? And maybe add

(void)tp_ops->read_status(hwif);

before the return instruction taken?

Please find the attached dmesg capture.

Looks like the probe for hdb does not time out (that would have taken either of the 'return 1' paths). So it's either return code 0 or 2. 0 would have called do_identify() which we should have seen, or 2 (drive aborted probe).

Looks to me as though the master drive present causes a probe for a slave drive to abort. That could have ramifications for interrupt handling later on.

Geert - are the CIA interrupts level or edge triggered? Is there any way to skip probing for a second drive once the first has been found?

Cheers,

	Michael

With kind regards,

Szymon