Re: Current kernel for Atari Falcon install?

Hi Eero and Stefan,

On 7 Mar 2019, at 23:09, Eero Tamminen <oak@helsinkinet.fi> wrote:

Hi,

On 3/6/19 12:04 AM, David Henderson wrote:
I've not investigated how to load the initrd into alt RAM, though, as I've not resorted to that in Hatari yet.

Doesn't bootloader do that automatically or have some option for it?
Looking at the help text, it would appear you have to explicitly tell it to load to ST-RAM, so alt-ram is probably the default.

According to some other docs I read, things are loaded to TT-RAM, but *uncompressed* to ST-RAM.

So it's better to use uncompressed vmlinuz and initrd files.  That way they don't need to be uncompressed and load (much) faster.

Either way, I couldn’t get the Debian 10 ISO version to boot in Hatari. Obviously it was too big for the real Falcon.

Give Hatari "--trace os_base" option to get the TOS boot program output to terminal.

<snip detailed explanation of Hatari debugging>

Thanks, Eero, but kernel debugging via Hatari is a bit beyond me a the moment.